HPULN PS's are categorized in three formats:
1. Category "Small"
- Very compact size with only very limited heatsink area
- Maximum of 1,5 ampere, but only few 100mA recommended for last term operations with lowest difference between VDCin and VDCout possible
- Replacing onboard regulators while mounting the small HPULN into the enclosure
- Powering converters, opamps, clocks etc.
2. Category "Medium"
- Compact size with a medium sized heatsink
- Up to 1,5 ampere (dual rail "D" version) and 3 ampere (single rail "S" version)
- Powering low to medium power hungry devices as main power supply
3. Category "Large"
- Enhanced size with a larger heatsink and better cooling capability
- Larger number of LT3045 installed with the benefit of less noise
- Up to 5 ampere
- Powering low to "larger" power hungry devices as a main power supply Important
- Use always the smallest secondary's VAC possible, in respect to enough voltage headroom under full load. Take a look into FAQ "Which transformer specifications should I go with?"
- Take a look into FAQ "How do I get my HPULN PS running a comfortable temperature?"